WiseMapping supports a wide variety of databases. However, we run intensively tests over HSQL and MySQL database.
HyperSQL: It's automatically configure when you compile WiseMapping and it's used primarily for testing. Additionally, the binary distribution already has an instance configured to provide a single click installtion.
- MySQL 5.5: This version is the most tested database we support. MySQL is the database use in http://www.wisemapping.com and it's the suggested version for production environments.
- Postgres: Scripts are distributed for the creation and configuration of the it. You will find them within "config/postgres" directory in the binary distribution. Additionally, JDBC driver need to be added to the container.
- Others: In spite of the fact that we don't provide yet initialization scripts for others databases, WiseMapping can be deployed in any relational database. Please, contact us if you have any particular question on this area.
- Download and install MySQL. You can download it for free from: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/
- create-database.sql: Create all wisemapping database and wisemapping user.
- create-schemas.sql: Create all database tables and index.
- apopulate-schemas.sql: Creates a mind map example and an a test user "email@example.com" with password "test".
- drop-schemas.sql: Drop all wisemapping tables in case you want to have a fresh installation.
Great, you have configured you database !. Let's configure WiseMapping now.
Next step, you must edit the file <WISEMAPING_DIR>/webapps/wisemapping/WEB-INF/app.properties and uncomment the MySQL configuration parameters and comment all HSQL configuration properties.
Done, you have configured WiseMapping to use MySQL!.
If you want to start WiseMapping right now, open a command line terminal within
wisemapping-<version> directory and execute